Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Denver Mission Trip

I hope everyone has taken the challenge seriously on focusing on your holiness the next couple of weeks. The reason this is necessary is to realize how helpless and hopeless we are without Christ. When we go to serve him we do it in the power of the Holy Spirit not in our own power.

The duty of a faithful missionary and I would go even further to say, the duty of a faithful Christian is to be open to the cleansing and calling of the Lord. As God cleanses each of us of the guilt and sins in our lives, and as He reveals the truth of His word in our hearts, we can't help but following Christ's leading and calling in missions.

I want to encourage everyone to be open to the cleansing of God in our lives. This cleansing (sanctification) is what prepares you to do the good works through Christ and for Christ. As you are sanctified or cleansed you begin to see the value of people and the insignificance of many of the things of this world. True Christians are attached to nothing and to no one excet Christ. They identify with the interests of other people who are in need.

I hope and pray you continue to focus on the cleasing of your lives.

Sing to the LORD, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day.
Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
Psalm 96:2-3

5 comments:

Kody said...

speaking of missioning...I just got my license so once i get a job to pay drive my car, i can go anywhere to mission! im stoked!

belinda said...

I'm a little behind on checking my e-mail so just discovered you had a blog now. What a good idea!

Lauren said...

Well, I am at Super Summer in Salina, Kansas. I am a collegiate staff here and am serving with 10 other amazing college students. The Lord has already taught me so much on my relationship with the Lord and with others. The speaker tonight made a comment that really made me think: We try so hard to live for our salvation, but not for our journey with the Lord. I got to thinking that so many of us live just to say that we're "saved" when it's so much more about our genuine walk with Him day by day. I'll be here for 6 more weeks and can't wait! :) Hope all is well back in Missouri!

Kody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kody said...

im stoked one more week!!!! I need shorts and sandels...Jesus sandels!!!!! and gondee jeans, comes in sizes small, extra small and I can't believe im not eating!!!(joke between me and Brain..and reed)