Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Holding on tight

This morning I was doing my quiet time and was reading through John 15. The whole part about the vine and the branches. This brought atttention to me in my life. As an individual I have to remain in Christ, to abide in Him and rely on His power in order to accomplish anything for Him. If I ever do anything on my own, without God's help, and expect anything to come about becasue of it, I have missed it. However when I remain in Christ, and I rely on His pwer and strength then I am going to bear much fruit.

I am convinced that one of the biggest reasons churches aren't seeing great changes among people lives is because we have tried to do way too much. Apart from Christ, we can do nothing, but with Him we can do things that are completely unimaginable.

So my thought is this. If you are going to Denver on Friday I want to encourage you to remain in Christ. Fight for ime with God, too many of us do just enough to get by, and we don't experience all that Christ offers, and all that we can do with Christ. Read John 14:12. This is something that is completely foreign to many of us, but Jesus said that we would do even greater things than these. I long to see and hear all the great things that God is going to do in and through us in Denver, and in our daily lives.

1 comment:

Kody said...

Brain I want to walk so close with Jesus, that the dust from his feet is kicked up on me.....Let's get down and dirty mission peeps.....I know that first part is a verse somewhere so I didn't just come up with it......now I'll see you in 55 mins.