Saturday, July 12, 2008

Look Mom no hands!



Today started our mission trip in Denver. It started out good, on the way up to the Church. I saw the cross on 159 just as you exit Ashcroft Estates and it was as if God was saying, "I am with you, and have already gone ahead of you. I will be with you and protect you." So with that I am completely confident that God was with us in the chaos of the travel today.



Let me give you a little idea of what happened. Just outside of Lawrence Kansas I noticed that our left front tire on the trailerwas low. I filled it with air at a gas station. About an hour later I started to notice a bounce in the trailer. As we got close to Salina, Kansas this got worse. In Salina we stopped at a gas station and noticed that the tire had begun to seperate. Anyways, we got into a tire store and found out that the trailer has passenger tires on it not trailer tires and they were all extremely old and had begun to seperate. So we spent an hour in Salina, and got the tires changed out.
Now we are in Denver and everything is going great. We got settled in, and everything is ready for our big trip to Rocky Mountain National Park tomorrow. Please keep us in your prayers, and we look forward to seeing ya'll in a week.

1 comment:

The Anderson Family said...

Love the picture of Derek. We are praying for you and your safety. Have fun.