Thursday, July 17, 2008

Casa de Tired!

So we had another great day of work here in the mile high city. We started early this morning at 7:30 and finished all the gravel at High Point. We ate a late breakfast and then pulled some weeds around campus. We then headed to a church planter's house to help unload a small semi-trailor of their belongings after moving from Arkansas. All of the students did a great job again today, even though they were very tired.

Tonight we went to Casa Bonita, and had a great time. The only problem we faced was that we had a 7:30 reservation and didn't get in until 8:40. It turned Casa Bonita into Casa de Tired. The students deserve a much needed break, and will get that tomorrow when we go to Water World. We will have a great time and enjoy more sun. As if we haven't had enough. I am starting to peel on the forehead from the sunburn I got on sunday. So I have plenty of sunscreen for all the students, and a little SPF 70 for myself.

We will begin heading back on Saturday morning at 4 am, 5 am Missouri time. So we should be into town sometime around 5pm. Thank you again for all your prayers, and we ask that you continue to pray for us until we are back at home. Much Love.

3 comments:

The Anderson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Anderson Family said...

I know you will have fun at the water park - sounds like you need some much deserved rest and fun. Can't wait to see all of you - but especially one.

Kody said...

hey thanks for the prayers from everyone!!!!! I think everyone there saw God at work I know I did...during our prayer walk I think for at least a second I felt at least half of the pain God fells for that city and the people that don't know....all I know is the rest of that night I was depressed.

well were back and I have to wait a year to go back(grrrr) but Springfield is calling and I think its time to get that mission team idea God gave me in feb. a rolling.


so heres the deal. I want to get a bunch of youth that are not afraid of work(like Denver) and start doing the same as we did in Denver to here. Once I get a job(pray for that please) I going to save my money and I hope the rest of the team will help too and we can do breakfasts on the go or other things for this town.

So Brian can you make a blog asking for people to join and talk to me if they want to...I also need an adult leader who would be happy to help and take time out to help because I don't think I can handle this much alone.