Thursday, June 26, 2008

Here fishy, fishy, fishy

So we just wrapped up VBS tonight. THings went rather well throughout the week. Had a number of kids accept Christ, all of which we will follow up on with their parents. That was pretty awesome.

The offering from this year's VBS is going to China with our mission team to help one orphan child receive the surgery needed (cleft pallet, club foot or even heart surgery) so they may have a somewhat normal life. At the beginning of the week I challenged the kids to bring the money, I teamed up with the guys and Kevin (senior pastor) teamed up with the girls. Whichever team brought the least amount of money would have to eat a goldfish. needless to say that was the guys.

Everything seems to be pretty normal, haven't got sick yet. Wait! Hold on! Quick go get a fish bowl I am about to puke this things back up. Not really. I guess I was served a little bit of sushi tonight. Not too bad.

5 comments:

mommy.michele.e said...

I can't believe you ate a poor, little, innocent fishy named Truman....or Jimmy! I'm just glad you didn't barf!

Just wanted to give a HUGE "thanks" to all our room helpers this week for the 5th and 6th grade class. You all were AWESOME!!!
I encourage more youth to come next year and serve during VBS week, the kids are amazing and you just might learn something from them.

Remember to "let your ac-tions match your paaaas-sion"!!

Have a great week!

Kody said...

a ya wiki
b ya wiki
c ya wiki

*doing a little dance*

why couldn't I eat a fish..I would have been nice to it and chewed...lol ew i know

Kody said...

Hey Brain, would it be ok to make a theology blog for our church? or can we turn this into one? do you ever answer these? why do i feel like im talking to myself? am i going crazy or just asking the same question over and over to see if anyone is ever going to start getting on this blog....theres like 4 or 5 of us here lol brian you get a lot of people into things don't you?

Brian Grout said...

Kody,
This blog is open for discussion on a number of topics including theology. It can be something you bring up, it can also be something that I may post. PLease feel free to ask questions or make comments.

Kody said...

well how do you do that? Its your blog and I think your the only one who can post on it. But I thought having your own website could be more effective then a blog page..ya know?