Thursday, June 26, 2008

Random Ramblings

Daniel told me I have been dragging my feet on this whole blog thing, and you know what "He's right." I am still getting used to trying to share my thoughts and passions on this blog. I am not much of a journaler, but I want to use this to challenge, open discussion, and create a community that is open to talking about Christ, life and how the two go hand in hand.

One thing that I have learned in all this is my mind often times isn't focused on spiritual things. I admit that I am caught up in the busyness of life and have giving in to being overwhelmed through life's circumstances that I forget to think of the spiritual aspect of everything I do or face on a daily basis.

The other day I was taking Nika (my black lab) out to the kennel before I went to work and as I turned around to come back to the house a bug just hit me square in the forhead. At first I thought, "What in the world is your problem." Then I laughed about it, becasue I realized that I have focused more on the negative at times in life.

This bug as small and as hard as it was, opened my eyes to the truth of my life. To often I walk around in the haze or daze that I call life and I miss out on the things and people God wants us to see on a daily basis. I think many of our lives are like this. We miss out on opportunities to serve, love and help those in need becasue we are so focused on the here and now, the chaos of life.

My challenge today would be to watch for the opportunities God is providing in our daily life. Be open to the spiritual leadings of God.

No comments: