Thursday, May 7, 2009

Teamwork

I want to start this with a statement I read this morning. "Few things are more beautiful to God than seeing His people serve and work together in a united rhythm. It's like a symphony to His ears." I read this in a book I just got called "Doing Church as a Team." Wayne Cordeiro, pastor of New Hope Church in Hawaii wrote this book. One of the reason I am reading this book is the title, the other reason is before Sarah and I came to Springhill we took a trip to Hawaii and while in Hawaii we attended New Hope, and all I can say is, Wow! what an experience.

New Hope Church does not operate out of a church building, rather they meet in schools in various locations throughout the Hawaiian islands. It takes alot of teamwork and organization to pull off their services every week. Without one person functioning in the capacity that God had gifted them who knows what could have become. Not only was the teamwork noticable, the hospitality was great. I can say that even though we were not familiar with anyone at New Hope we felt like we were a part of their family.

Over the next few months lets work harder at becoming the TEAM God wants us to be. One that is focused on Him, while investing in the lives of those who come to Springhill. Let work hard together, be welcoming and friendly and open to building new relationships with others.

You guys rock and I hope you are having a great week.

No comments: