Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cleaning House

I know I haven't entirely kept up with all the info for the 40 day revolution. I have been really busy with everything going on with Sarah. We went to the doctor yesterday thinking maybe we would have Brooklyn, but we got sent home. I already told you how excited I am to have Brooklyn here.

Back to the 40 day Revolution. Growing up my mom always made me clean the basement on saturdays, before I could do anything else. I am talking thorough cleaning. Dust, Vacuum clean the bathroom. You get the picture.

So today since it is Saturday, and we are focusing on this 40 day revolution, I wanted to give you a challenge to clean house. What I mean is to clean the junk out of your life, the dirt and debris and stuff you clutter your life with. It may be things that have distracted you in your walk with Christ for a long time. Drugs, alcohol, books, posters, movies, music, magazines, clothing.

Ask God to help you love Him more then these things that displease Him. Read Psalm 119:11; II Chronicles 7:14. Notice how God works with people who seek him, and then he calls on His people to turn from their wicked ways. So what can you do today to clean out your house.

No comments: