Monday, June 8, 2009

Ministry Summit

I am in Loveland, CO attending a great meeting of the minds with other youth leaders. It has been a great day of talking through leadership and evaluating my own personal leadership style. I took away a few things today that I thought I would share with you.

- Sometimes leadership is in the background or on the wallpaper and it isn't noticed.

- Others time leadership is in the forfront and is a life or death issue.

- At times I overlook the leadership it takes to make key decisions at crucial moments.

One thing I have seen over the my years of experience in leading is that your leadership style changes as you grow in experience and wisdom. You have to learn to deal with individuals through their personality. I can't treat each person the same. Some need more encouraging and direction others need a long leash and a little push. What I have realized is that leadership is an ever growing and ever learning process, that you will never master, but can strive to understand.

God make me the leader you need to accomplish your will.

No comments: