Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Got Love?

Parents,
Over the past month we have been going over the whle dating, marriage sex debate with the teens. I wanted to give you a couple of books that I hope will be interesting to your son or daughter and will challenge them to think beyond what the world says about this whole issue.

First of all, let me be very clear that the Bible is the ultimate authority on all these issues. Second, just because I recommend reading a book doesn't mean that I line up with the author on every minute detail. I believe it is our job to read Scripture and then view and interpret everything we read or watch through the lense of Scripture. So, with that said let me recommend a few books that are written by Christians that I believe parents should read and go over with their teens.

For Girls:

- Sexy Girls by: Hayley DiMarco
- Technical Virgin by: Hayley DiMarco
- Every Young Woman's Battle by: Shannon Ethridge

For Guys:
- Every Young Man's Battle by: Stephen Arterburn

For both:

- Passion & Purity by: Elisabeth Elliot
- Dateable by: Justin Lookadoo & Hayley DiMarco
- Pure Excitement by: Joe White
- What's The Big Deal? by: Jim Burgen
- Sex: It's Worth Waiting For by: Greg Speck

These are just a few books that may help you bring up the conversation and discuss how Scripture talks about dating, sex and marriage. This is a big deal in culture and is something that has to be taught at a young age.

No comments: