Friday, December 26, 2008

Made by a Master

Yesterday I made some wood bowls in my Father in law's shop and told you I would post some pictures. As I was working I began to think about some things. When I made a mistake I would tend to either try and correct the mistake or I would just change the way I was shaping the bowl. Most of the time I would change the design or shape. Thank goodness God didn't change his mind with regard to his plan of sending Christ, or his plan for creating me. Romans 5:8 tells us, "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." That means even with all our flaws, mess ups and sin he still died for us.

Another thing I thought about was how the finished product was nothing like what I imagined it in my mind before I started. While I was making the bowls a thought or idea would come to mind and I would begin to shape it with that thought or idea. It took a while for the process to take place and for the bowl to take shape. Likewise, sometimes our lives never take place like we want them to or like we planned them to, but that doesn't mean that the master artist or creator doesn't know what's going on. Always remember that God isn't surprised by anything we do, and that if we will walk with Him daily He will make sure and lead us through the path He has for each one of our lives. "How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word."

Here are the pictures of my bowls.

No comments: