Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Economy, Spoils and Christmas

I know that many people around the world have been hit hard with the recent economic downturn. I know it effected Sarah and I this year in how much we spent on Christmas. The thought I had as I was thinking this morning is, How spoiled had we become due to the way the economy had been. I think for many including Christians in America today we have become spoiled. Following Christ has cost us nothing. Following Christ in America means we can do the things people who don't follow Christ can do, but we are forgiven for it.

Jesus called us to soooo much more, but we continue to settle for the Americanized version of Christianity. We struggle and fight with possessions, greed, acceptance, lack of love, generosity. We are often times unthankful for what we have even with what we are given. Paul warned Timothy about this in 2 Timothy 3:1-5. Read it for yourself. Check it out and think about it.

Jesus came to save us from our sins. Lord help me see the wicked thoughts that may infiltrate me over the great season of celebrating the birth of our Savior.

No comments: