Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Great Family Experiences

Do you have any family traditions or things you do on a consistent basis over the holidays? Growing up we always went to my grandparents house for Christmas eve dinner, then we would go to the candlelight service at church. Following the service we would go back to Grandma's & Papa's andopen presents from all the aunt's & uncles and grandparents. I used to love this time because of the closeness family brings. My cousins (Dan & Nate) who were 6 months younger than me would were over there and we had a blast playing games together, then also playing with our Christmas presents after we opened them. It was awesome.

After I joined the Navy, and everyone began graduating from high school then we stopped our traditional Christmas eve gathering. Everyone wanted to spend time with their families. Now that I have a family of my own I am glad to say I still enjoy spending time with my extended family, but love my time with Sarah, Ethan & Brooklyn. We are creating holiday traditions of our own.

What kind of holiday traditions do you and your family celebrate together. Do you do anything fun, creative or different? Let me know and let others know about. Just make a comment and let others hear your great family stories.

No comments: