Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Amazing Week

We had a great week serving and playing together as a team in Cheyenne. We have lots of memories and we also saw many more opportunities to serve that we just couldn't meet because of a lack of time. We spent most of Thursday & Friday up at "Papa's Land," my grandfather bought this land back in the early 80's and it is a complete joy to share it with everyone that went on the trip. I have so many fond memories of going to the cabin and now I think we are developing more memories with a great group of teens and adult leaders. Here are a few pics from the cabin.

As I thought about this trip, I also thought about how I often times bypass someone in need because of my busy schedule and the chaos that I let surround me. I have been challenged by this trip for various reasons.

1) I wasn't able to plan everything out like I normally do- I'm a planner, and when things aren't planned a certain way it affects my response and my actions. I like everything to be scheduled so we aren't wandering aimlessly without anything to do.

2) I realized how little I rely upon the leading of the Holy Spirit- Often times when we go on Mission we think we are bringing God to the area, when in actuality God is already in the location we go to and He is already at work in churches and in the lives of people there. What we have to do is be open to the leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit, to be obedient to His leadership and to serve those that He lays on our heart. Again, going back to number 1 we are often times so caught up in what we are doing that we don't look for or see the opportunities that God is providing us.

3) Being a Christ follower is FUN!- So many times we miss the joy of seeing Christ work because of the busyness or becasue we aren't obedient. We can be so stuck on planning and doing what we want to do that we may miss God even while we are doing a good thing. Anytime our serving leads us into disobedience we have missed the big picture of following Christ.

I am going to make a more concerted effort to follow these three things in my life. Knowing that Christ is already living and actively involved in the lives of the people I serve and witness to.







No comments: